Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Brain Pop

Short videos are great ways to engage students, and when the videos are specifically designed to describe and explain key topics, even better. I just gained access to what seems to be an amazing tool: BrainPop.com. This website has over 50 videos for World History and I intend on using many of them in my class this year; there are similar numbers for math, science, English and other topics.

Now, if only we could get access for our students so they could watch at home as enrichment? That would be ideal.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joe,

    My name is Wesley Stannard and I am writing to you from BrainPOP Educators. I wanted to thank you for praising BrainPOP on your blog. It is always so nice to see new subscribers benefitting from BrainPOP content. If there is anything I could help you with or if you would be interested in sharing your experiences via guest-blogging on our online community, BrainPOP Educators, please email me at: wesleys@brainpop.com.

    Thanks again!

    Wesley Stannard
    Manager
    BrainPOP Educators
    27 w 24 St
    New York, NY 10010
    212-689-9923 x 311

    ReplyDelete